- When: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 - 1PM (EST)
- Cost: Free to attend (Registration required)
- Where: Virtual - GoToWebinar
Cork stoppers are extremely successful wine bottle closures that have been in use from ancient times. They execute several important functions, and Cork Pull and Cork Elasticity testing helps ensure an adequate seal during filling, transportation, and storage. They are critical in maintaining the quality and reasonable access to the wine until it’s ready to consume, which could be years!
In this webinar, we will first discuss Cork Pull testing, how to set-up a test and then calculate removal strength or extraction force, as well as provide a clearer understanding of the ISO 9727-5 Test Standard. We will then discuss Cork Elasticity testing and talk about the test method for determining the percentage of diameter recovery of cylindrical cork stoppers, after compression (as specified in ISO 9727-4).
What You’ll Learn:
- General Overview of Cork Pull & Cork Elasticity Testing
- Setting up a typical cork pull test
- Calculating the cork removal strength
- Setting up a Cork Elasticity test
- Calculating the percentage diameter recovery of cork
- The type of corks tested
- How data acquired from the test is interpreted and used to determine cork quality
- Establishing Pass/Fail Criteria
Who should attend?
Manufacturing, Production and Quality Technicians, Managers and Engineers involved in:
- Wine and Beverage