- When: Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Time: 1PM - 2PM (EST)
- Cost: Free to attend (Registration required)
- Where: Virtual - GoToWebinar
Packaging manufacturers use top-load or crush testing to ensure packaging integrity, and to eliminate material excess while maintaining quality. “Downgauging” or “light-weighting” is a process with high environmental and business significance, since packaging soon becomes waste material, and excess material has powerful cost ramifications.
This will be a live, out-of-the-box demonstration where we’ll go through the process of setting up the tester - describing what everything does, programming the unit and running various top-load tests. We’ll then analyze the data and help you interpret the results!
You’ll learn how-to:
- Set-up the tester – describing the major components and what everything does . . .
- Select test-appropriate fixtures – vented vs. non-vented compression plates
- Establish Pass/Fail criteria
- Program the tester to measure and record the:
- Force when the container is compressed to a certain displacement
- Deflection when the container is compressed to a known force
- Point of deformation or container failure
- Troubleshoot for tester and software errors
- Identify factors that affect data repeatability and consistency
Who should attend?
Design, manufacturing, production, and quality specialists involved in rigid plastic and metal container manufacturing and testing.